Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I interviewed Tracy L Ranson today!

Tracy L Ranson stopped by my blog to answer a few questions. Grab a cup of coffee and stay a while. Please leave her a question or a comment. Tracy loves to hear from her readers. Come on, you know you wanna. lol

For more information about Tracy and her books, please click on the link below.

http://www.tracylranson.com/


What genres do you write in and why?
I mostly write in historical but everything I have out covers all ends of the spectrum. Can we say, multitasking?

Do you research information for your stories?
If so, what kind of research? I most certainly do. It’s one of my favorite things. I’m a historical buff and I love to learn all kinds of new things about my subjects along the way.

What is the best writing advice and what was the worst that you have received?
The best? I would have to say never give up. The worst: Don’t quit your day job.

Is there a genre that you haven’t written that you would like to? That’s a toughie because I write all over the board. I guess I would have to say Regency. I haven’t done that yet.

Tell us a bit about Viking Seduction, what is the story about?
A renegade Welsh princess is on the run from a forced marriage. What Morgana ap Rhodri doesn’t count on is running straight into the arms of Erik Ragnorsson, a handsome, virile Viking nobleman who captures her ship. She becomes his slave, refusing to give her heart to him. It isn’t long before Morgana falls under the spell of his VIKING SEDUCTION.

What gave you the idea for the story?
My husband is of Norwegian ancestry and has quite a few Viking warriors back in his family tree. He’s the epitome of a Viking warrior, very tall with long blonde hair, big muscles and sturdy build. I started asking him a few questions about his ancestors and sort of built my story up from there.

Do you have any WIP that you may want to tell us about?
I’ve got so many. I’m editing quite a few books that should carry me until the end of the year. After that, I’ll be jumping onto my newest pirate story (everyone has been asking when I was going to write a new one) tale. It’s a tale of revenge for a woman’s honor but the hero finds redemption in the daughter of his enemy. I’m adding a lot of twists and turns in this one and it should be interesting! I’m writing it in between my works in edit.

3 comments:

macbeaner said...

What a fantastic interview! Thanks so much!

Bitten by Books said...

Lovely interview! What made you decide to write historical? Do you have a special place in your heart for Vikings?

Kimber Chin said...

Ohhh... I LOVE Viking Romances!

What is your favorite historical period to write in?