Saturday, August 1, 2009

I interviewed Christine Clemetson today!

Lookie who I get to interview today! Christine Clemetson was nice enough to stop by and answer my questions about her new book, A Daughter's Promise. I have added this book to my TBR and I hope you do too!



1. Did you always want to become and author or did you just fall into it?

I’ve wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. From the time I was little, I made up stories in my head. I watched people a lot and created “life stories” for them. Once I got old enough to realize I should put this down on paper, I did! And I’ve never looked back.



2. Did it take you a while to become published? If so, what made you keep going?
I didn’t start submitting seriously until after college. Once I learned the process, I started going to writing conferences so that I could pitch my stories. I think the thrill of writing and finishing a story kept me going. I also had a dream of seeing my name on a book cover, and that image alone keeps me going now!


3. When you sit down to write, is there a ritual you have to do before you start?
I first get a cup of coffee and pop a CD in. Depending upon the type of scene I’m writing (action, love, etc.) determines the type of music I listen too.


4. Do you plan the story out or just let it flow?
I’m a certified seat-of-the-pants writer! This means that I do minimal planning. I know how the story will begin and end, and the major turning points in between, and the rest I let free-flow! One of my favorite parts about writing is the story discovery.



5. What is A Daughter’s Promise about? Can you tell us a bit about it?
A Daughter’s Promise” came out from The Wild Rose Press! The story is set in war torn Italy, 1944, where Serene Moneto made a promise to her dying mother. This promise is so haunting that it directs the course of her life. When she chooses to save an American soldier from death, she risks everything—her name, her life, and capture by the Germans. Finding forbidden love with this soldier tears her world apart.
As a writer, my goal was to show this time period in a way that readers would understand what life was like and the sacrifices people had to make during this time.



6. Do you have any WIP that you might want to share with us?
Yes! I’m currently marketing a romantic suspense set in the Florida Everglades. What a fun setting to research.


7. When you have a moment to sit down and breathe, what do you do to unwind?
My favorite hobby (if that’s a good description of it), is going to the beach. I grew up at the Jersey shore, so I love going to the beach in the summer as well as the winter! I also love enjoying time with my family. We love to kayak and go hiking.


8. What authors are in your TBR pile?
The next two books I have in my TBR pile are: Mary Ricksen’s, “Tripping Through Time” and Lisa Scottoline’s “Dirty Blonde”.


9. Do you have any tips for those aspiring authors out there?
Keep writing and keep dreaming! Keep that goal in your mind every time you sit down to write. Before you know it, your book will be on the shelf!

Thank you so much for having me as a guest today!

4 comments:

LORETTA CANTON said...

Hi,

I guess this is going on my to buy list. I wonder what the promise is? I will have to read it to find out.

lorettaC,
lbcanton@verizon.net

Christine Clemetson said...

Good morning!

Thank you so much for having me here today!

Loretta, I had a lot of fun hinging the whole story on the promise Serene made. I hope you enjoy it. :)

Christine

Clare Austin said...

Hi Christine,
Love your cover. I look forward to reading more about your books.
Clare Austin
www.clareaustin.com

Christine Clemetson said...

Thanks Clare! Rae Monet designed the cover..I love it too. :)

Thanks for stopping by!
Christine