Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ebay and Pancreatic Cancer


It is November and that means it is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month! Time to pull out the purple and show your support. My sweetie of a husband even wears the purple tie this month to work. I just recieved the okay to start posting books in my Ebay web site from PanCan (Pancreatic Cancer Action Network). All proceeds will be going to PanCan. This is the second year that I have done this and it means a great deal to me. I lost my grandma to Pancreatic Cancer in September of last year and this is my way making sure that more people are aware of this terrible disease.

What made me decide to start the Ebay auction last November? It was after calling tv stations, newspapers, radio and anything else I could think of, but no one knew about pancreatic cancer. Did they know that November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month? No. Did they care? No. The sad part was that none of them ever contacted me to say yes or no. No one! I became frustrated and after looking through the web site for PanCan and learning more information on my own, I decided to sale my books. One it made my husband happy that they were finding new homes but it also raised money as well. Last year I raised almost $200 on Ebaywith the sales of books from my own library and donations from friends and family. This year I have fewer donations so most of the books will be coming from me.

If you do decide to take a look and possibly bid on any, thank you! http://stores.ebay.com/Frog-Prince-Books-and-Cards I even named the even this year so we are official. lol

BOOKS BITE BACK: A FUNDRAISER TO FIGHT PANCREATIC CANCER

If you don't but want to donate either your time or money, visit the web site. http://pancan.org/ They also have a store where you can purchase car magnets, teddy bears, key chains, t-shirts, ties, jewlery anything else you can think of. A portion of the proceeds goes towards research. They also have links that donate a portion of buying flowers. So you can send flowers to that special someone and help PanCan at the same time.

Just please, send a link to this post to your friends and family so they pass on the word. More people need to know about Pancreatic Cancer because the more voices, the harder it is to ignore.

If you have a story of a loved one or if you are a survivor, leave a message here and share your story.








0 comments: