Monday, June 9, 2008

Jell-O anyone?








Before I start this wonderful story, let me just say for the record that I love my kids. No, I really do. Times like this are when I know the reason why some animals eat their young.
Sunday mornings are for sleeping in and relaxing, right? You wake up to the sound of birds singing. In a perfect world it would be, but my world is far from perfect.


My day started instead with waking up to the sounds of my two beautiful demon spawn children fighting. Since this is pretty regular at my house I thought nothing of it. I just figured after my first cup of coffee I could fix whatever problem there was.


In my kitchen were my two children mixing what looked like yellow water in the biggest GLASS bowl I own (over 2 qrts). They were fighting over who got the wooden spoon to stir this yellow goop. Once they saw me the fighting stopped. Well, for about 5 seconds that is.


"What the hell are you doing?" I ask (remember I haven't had my coffee yet)


"We are making Jell-O mom." My son answers like I should know. Alrighty.


I make it to the coffee machine and press the on button. I turn around and see that they are adding ice cubes. Now I know that this so called Jell-O is not going to work so I just walk away and let the dogs out since no one else thought of it!


I come back in the kitchen to wait for the coffee to finish. According to the kids the Jell-O is ready to go into the fridge. Can anyone see where this is going?? You got it. My son opens the fridge door, which is a smart move by the way, and picks up the glass bowl to walk to the fridge. He gets to the front of the fridge and goes to lift it to a rack. This move of course makes the Jell-O pour over the side of the bowl onto the front of him. It also pours over the shelves of the fridge and onto the floor. Did I mention that there was a lake of Jell-O on the counter too?


"Sorry mom." He says with that look because he knows that he did really really bad.


He backs up and then tries AGAIN! Yup, the same thing happens. This I guess registers and he takes the bowl back to the counter. Smart move there buddy.


I am still at the counter still waiting for my coffee. I guess it didn't dawnon me or I just didn't care because I took a coffee cup out of the cabinet and poured myself a cup. Of course I had to walk the obstacle course which was my floor to get milk out for my coffee. Did you know that Jell-o is really slippery? Learn something new every day,huh?


On my way to the couch I yell back to my son, "You are so cleaning that up." So I sat on my couch and drank my coffee while they cleaned up the mess on the counters and the floors.
While they are cleaning the kitchen my husband calls to check up on the kids. He asks what they are doing and he probably expected the usual answer. Little did he know, huh? I just told him nothing and finished my coffee after I hung up. They didn't do a great job but they cleaned up most of it. I just went back over it later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason it sounds a lot calmer than I know it probably was.

You did good to maintain.

Payback's a biotch isn't it? lol

Bitten by Books said...

Too funny and not. LOL I feel your pain sister.

Katie Bug said...

I guess I just wasn't awake enough for it to sink in until later. lol