Sunday, March 9, 2008

I be twisted


I am currently trying to write a paranormal book. I love reading them but have never tried to write one. So when it came time to actually sit and write one, I was a bit nervous. I take that back. I was very nervous.

I started with the names and that went pretty well considering that nothing looked right. Finally they had names and I was able to see them in my mind. This sometimes helps. LOL

I am writing whenever I get a chance, which isn’t as often as I would like. I throw my ipod on and blast my music. The only music that seems to help is heavy metal. Godsmack, Audioslave and stuff like that. Hey, if it works, don’t break it.

So yesterday I am getting to the part where the bad guy makes his move. He is really nasty looking to me and I wonder what kind of sick and twisted things he is going to do. I didn’t think I would be able to think of anything really good. Come to find out, I am pretty twisted.

I am thinking to myself about what would this guy with fangs do to a defenseless woman? After Google and surfing the net last night, I came up with a lot of things. According to my husband, I need help.

What were my ideas you ask? How about metal walls that you can just pray down after the play time is over? Maybe a drain at the bottom of the floor so all the messy stuff has a place to go? I am thinking that this is great and run with it. I am telling my husband about it tonight and asking his opinion. I was doing dishes at the time so I didn’t see his face. He is quiet so I just thought he was thinking about it until he tells me that I need help.
“Help?” I ask him.
“Oh ya. You need mental help.” The look on his face was priceless too.

So what am I going to do now? I am going to keep going because his reaction is just what I wanted. I can’t wait to his face for the next part. *evil laugh*

3 comments:

april said...

Hey, being practical is important! I'm not 100% into paranormal, but when I do read them, I like the rules to be clearly stated and not thrown together as the scene dictates. I once thought of an entire angel storyline. So, then, I got thinking... does everyone end up living together - the old and the young, from all locations of the world? Is there some universal language that you just know? Are they guardian angels or messenger angels or spirits of previously living people? It's like everything had a question and when I answered one question, I ended up with five more at the end of it all. I gave up and stuck with writing young adult. I'm working on writing with grown-ups, but I find it more difficult. Plus, I hate this genuine hatred for all things I put down on page. It makes it very hard to finish anything or make any progress (though those very few who read it humor me and say they like it and tell me I should finish). Maybe someday. I did at least buy a flash drive to save it all and back it up. I may hate it, but I don't want to throw it away. *sigh*

april said...

Um, if I knew my post looked like that, I would have added paragraphs and line breaks. Sorry for the big headache that was my first post. :)

Home Theater said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.