Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Writing a love scene

As some of you may know, I am trying to write my first book ever. I was doing really well there for a while. Than I hit a wall where nothing would come out of my fingers no matter how hard I tried.


Well after life got in the way, I stopped for a few months and am slowly getting back to it. I have some days still where I just walk by the computer, look at it and walk away. It probably thinks I am having an affair with the microwave.


The last few days I have found a groove and things started to flow again. I was doing really well too or at least I thought I was. I would type up scenes and send them to a friend of mine who would either ya or nay what I had written. I sometimes listened and sometimes didn't. Hey, if I feel strongly about something then I fight for it! lol


The other person I would send it to would me my mother. It was going really good too. When I was stuck on the couch after back surgery we went through ideas and actually wrote a scene together. Poor Allie got popped in the face. She needs to learn how to duck.


Anyhoo, now I am at the part where the two characters want to get it on and I can't write this knowing that my mother will read it. I know that sounds weird or even stupid but I keep seeing her reading it and falling over because it is just too much. Ya what ever.


So I bit the bullet and started it today. I got through them kissing and getting kind of heavy. Then you have the part in the story where the two people want one another and should I or shouldn't I?


So now it is time to get down to business. He has her naked and he is just waiting. This is my problem, do I do the skim over where they are kissing and hugging each other and then all of a sudden it is the next morning? The sun is shinning and the birds are singing. He looks at her and says that that extra few pounds makes her look beautiful. They say I love you and start talking about marriage. *PUKE*


Or do you give everything a different name. You don't actually come out and say what that appendage is, but give a really goofy name. I don't know about you but I kind want to know at least a little bit of what they are doing. I don't want to have sit there and figure out what they are talking about. *EWWA*


Well, that leaves us in the middle so to speak. I guess some where in the middle of skim sex and extreme. But where is that fine line? I guess I have suck it up and just do it. I don't know how these other writers do it. lol

0 comments: