Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Happy Anniversary to you...



Today would have been my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. A big party to help celebrate that happy occasion would have been held last week with family and friends. Instead my grandpa is alone on a day that should have been spent with his bride.

This wonderful man stuck by his wife through sickness and in health. Her last few weeks on earth were spent at home together. He held her hand as she took her last breath of this world. All he could say was, "She is still beautiful."

I have to say that after only 13 years of marriage it would be hard for me to picture a life with out my husband. I can't imagine what it would be like after 60 years together.

What breaks my heart is knowing the fact that my grandpa goes through all the things that she had collected throughout the years (and there is more then you can imagine) to keep his mind off of his loss.

After she passed this September, he had her wedding ring sized to fit next to his own wedding ring. This way he thought they could still be married in spirit.

This man who I thought was one of the toughest men I know, cries now because he misses his wife. Grandma was supposed to be the emotional one, not him. He doesn't sleep at night and wont consider taking anything to help him cope.

So if you read this, say a little pray for him to get through today.

0 comments: